My friend and mentor Jeannie ( UltimateLibrophile) has nominated me for The Liebster Award!
I’m really happy for this nomination. Whew! I feel so honoured.
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Comment on one of their posts to let them know of their nomination. These bloggers must have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions the person who nominated you created. Then make eleven questions of your own for your nominees. You may use the same questions.
- Lastly, copy these rules in the post.
Check out her award by scrolling down.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue.
- I have terrible handwriting.
- I love sugary foods.
- I gave a nation-wide exam in seventh grade that placed me in the top 5% of the most academically gifted students of the country.
- Bad grammar is the bane of my existence.
- I’m one of those shunned people in the reading society who don’t use bookmarks. (However, I always use bookmarks for borrowed books.)
- I love Model United Nations, debate and extempore speaking.
- I currently listen to Fall Out Boy and Twenty One Pilots.
- I am more comfortable speaking on stage in front of a thousand people than when I engage in face-to-face conversation .
- I adore dogs, and lizards. Cats too, but cats don’t like me, for some unfathomable reason.
- One of my all-time-favorite books is Look Who’s Back, by Timur Vermes. (You can read Jeannie’s review of it here!)
I. What is your first memory?
I can’t say for sure if it’s my first memory, but it’s definitely the most vivid. I remember my grandfather’s room, dimly lit and smelling strongly of cigarette smoke. There is a pack of Four Square cigarettes lying on his study desk, and a pair of yellowing spectacles. This little room is my most clearly remembered memory.
II. Name 12 people with whom you would like to have you last supper?
Ah. I like this one. Herr Hitler (not the historical one, the fictional one from Look Who’s Back), Robert Downey Jr., Vladimir Putin, Sarojini Naidu, my best friend’s dog MGM, Luna Lovegood ( yes, from Harry Potter), Margaret Politt (from Tennessee William’s Cat On A Hot Tin Roof), my best friend Manas, Kulfi (from Kiran Desai’s Hullabaloo in the Guava Orchard), Agatha Christie, Kim Jong-un and Roald Dahl.
III. What is the one thing you must have with you at all times?
Probably my phone. My phone is what organises, entertains, informs and sustains me. I wouldn’t last an hour without it.
IV. What is your ultimate goal for your blog?
I want readers to come up to me and say, “You know what? I really enjoyed reading that book you reviewed, I’m going to make sure I add all books you review to my TBR pile. ” That’s the ultimate goal- readers who actually choose books based on our reviews.
V. What is the most interesting challenge you have had to overcome?
Juggling my time and my attention between reading for pleasure and academics. If only I could blur the line between them.
VI. What is your dream life?
Books. Travel with my soulmate. Lots of chocolate. A big, black Labrador who enjoys knocking people over. A job that inspires me everyday, to do better.
VII. There is a fire and you only have time to grab one thing. What is it?
My sister. As annoying as she is, I wouldn’t enjoy seeing her barbecued.
VIII. If you could change one thing in your past, what would it be?
I’d like to have cherished moments with my friends whom I’ve lost contact with or whom I don’t meet anymore.
IX. If you had to spend a year on a deserted island, what are the five things you would carry with you?
A cupboard full of books, a Swiss Knife, a large cigarette lighter, lots of tinned food and probably a thick blanket. (I intend to survive.)
X. If you only had 24 hours to live, how would you spend them?
I’d spend it talking to all my friends and family, perhaps reminisce about the good old days.
XI. How was your day today?
I was nominated for my very first Blog Prize. A Dalmatian named Binary was very happy to see me and I got to pet her. I had a blue frosted cupcake. I repainted my nails turquoise. I’ve had a nice day.
- Do you play a sport?
- What’s the colour of the shirt you’re wearing, and what emotion do you associate this colour with?
- Which food would you give up for a lifetime’s supply of another food ?(Name both.)
- Which creature do you despise?
- Name the song that’s currently stuck in your head.
- Are you a cat or a dog person?
- What’s your opinion on media?
- Have you ever had to deal with unrequited love(giving? receiving? Either works.)
- What is one new thing you would really like to start on your blog?
- What mode would you prefer for the disposal of your mortal remains?(Burying, Cremating,etc.)
- What’s your phone’s current lockscreen? (Put a picture if possible.)
This is my current lockscreen-