Welcome to the Weekly Wonder, where Jeannie and I review books which should be on your To Be Read list -WITH ZERO SPOILERS. (Does that make you happy, Dan? I hope it does.)
Before we begin, I have a confession to make.
I am YouTube trash.
Right, let’s get down to it.
This week’s Wonder is-
A LITTLE ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Dan Howell and Phil Lester are two British YouTubers, BBC Radio One personalities, and the creators of the 7 Second Challenge app. Known by their usernames danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil respectively, they are two adorable dorks who create videos about their fails and bizarre events in their life. Come for the sexy British accent! Stay for the existential crisis and lions.
SO, WHAT’S UP WITH THE STORY?
Dan and Phil had one primary intention for writing TABINOF-
“We were thinking about Dan and Phil-not ourselves, but specifically this world of Dan and Phil that we’ve created here on Youtube- all of these videos and shows and events and memories that we’ve shared with each other and you guys, who have been with us since 2009 , and all the way to this year, 2015… we just wanted to think of a way to preserve it. We wanted to make something- something physical, something real, that you can have and hold and to remind you of all of these good times.”- Dan, in their video The Dan and Phil BOOK & TOUR!.
And that’s what TABINOF is! It’s the world of Dan and Phil in a crazy, colourful book.
A GLIMPSE BETWEEN THE PAGES
Stuff we get to see in the book-
- How To Draw The Perfect Cat Whiskers
- Dan And Phil’s Roommate Assessment Form
- Phil and Dan In Japan
- Phil’s Hamster Breeding Page
- The Time We Met One Direction
- Guide to Being a YouTuber
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT IT
- I love the Phandom. Dan and Phil make my life a little brighter every day, and this book is a tangible version of the Dan and Phil world.
- It’s not just text- a better description for it would be a scrapbook.
- SO MANY CUTE PICTURES OHMYGOD.
- My favourite pages are the ones where they compare Dan and Phil- the clothes in their closet, their shoes, their aesthetic, etc.
- I finally found out what happened in Vegas. 😉
I hope you guys like the book, I’d appreciate any feedback you may have for me in the comments below. Until next week,