In her post she asks just one question- Who are you? Well, I’ve always answer that in my Introducing Myself and Why I Read (and Write) post. But she followed that with a ten more questions and I thought I will answer them.
What is your Myers Briggs personality type?
According to 16personalities.com, I am an INTJ personality type. Here’s what the website says about me:
It’s lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, INTJs know this all too well. INTJs form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population – it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like maneuvering. People with the INTJ personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.
What is your zodiac sign?
I don’t really give Zodiac any importance and feel it simply isn’t accurate but I happen to be a Libra
Here’s what the net came up with on that and how it relates to me:
- Diplomatic – Not at all me. I’m not diplomatic in any sense of the word. I say what comes to my mind without worrying about what someone else might think
- Elegant – Definitely not. I am a clumsy klutz.
- Welcoming – Depends on who it is really.
- Peace loving – Generally yes but if peace comes in the way of necessary change, then no. I refuse to endorse peace that comes at the cost of injustice.
- Idealistic – I consider myself more of a realist.
- Superficial – I hope not. I try my best not to be.
- Pessimistic – Like I said, I consider myself more of a realist.
- Hesitant – Only rarely.
- Untrustworthy – Gosh I hope not once again. I try my very best to earn the trust of people I value.
What does your name mean?
That is an interesting question. And a long answer.
Jeannie is a Hebrew name meaning “The Lord has Mercy” or “God is Gracious.” Now, I have nothing against that but as an atheist, I do not feel that it adequately represents me as an individual.
On the other side, my parents named me after a gynaecologist. The gynaecologist responsible for my birth, in fact because my Dad wanted me to go into medicine. Once again, while I feel their is nothing wrong with the medical profession, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, the 3 Days, 3 Quotes Challenge (#3), writing is my calling and medicine does not attract me.
But enough negativity, here are the aspects of my name that I like:
- I don’t have a last name as I’m a feminist and I refuse to take up my dad’s name just because he is male.
- Jeannie is a fairly rare name in India so its pretty unique.
- Whenever I say me name, the other person spells it wrong and whenever someone reads my name, they usually pronunce it wrong which is always fun, honestly.
In addition, I use the name Saoirse quite frequently online and I love it. Primarily because it has all the positives of Jeannie and at the same time, Saoirse means “Freedom” so I feel it represents me as an individual on multiple levels.
Rant over. I am moving on to the next question.
What Hogwarts house would you be in?
I have always wanted to be in Ravenclaw and when I did the Pottermore quiz, I got…
Regardless, I did the quiz that Megan recommended and once again, I got:
My in-depth results:
Ravenclaw – 16
Hufflepuff – 15
Gryffindor – 10
Slytherin – 6
So apparently I’m also pretty close to a Hufflepuff.
What are your learning styles?
Funny you should ask this because I recently wrote an article on Exam Prep Tips in Youth Inc Magazine and mentioned learnign styles there.
My own scores:
- Visual – 3
- Aural – 3
- Read/Write – 15
- Kinesthetic – 2
As a booklover and a writer, I can say that I am very happy with this score. I am more of a read and a writer but I must say, I am also extremely visual but somehow that is not reflected in this quiz.
Are you more of a left-brain or a right brain kind of person?
So I took the quiz and this is what I found:
I must say I was surprised. I have always been more of a rational and logical thinker but creativity and intuition have been prominent as well which I am surprised to find so low…
What is your blood type?
In Japan, there is a belief that blood type influences personality.
I am a B+ so here’s what it says about my blood type:
• Tend to be exceedingly curious about everything
• Are easily vexed and grow exasperated if things don’t go the way they want them to go;
• Usually have a strong drive to be the best at whatever they set their mind to doing; however, they also tend to neglect other tasks for the sake of whatever they are focusing on
• Have a hard time multi-tasking
• Tend to be loners, and keep themselves isolated from others
And honestly, that is pretty accurate.
What career are you meant to be in?
So I took the quiz and…
I hope I do eventually become a writer.
Which divergent fraction do you belong in?
The quiz revealed that I belong in Erudite bbut honestly, as someone who haas never read the books or seen the movies, if anyone could please tell me what that means, that would be great.
What is your birth order?
I am the eldest child with a younger brother. It has taught me a sense of responsibility and my brother usually calls me his “Third Parent” so I recognise that I can be a little bossy. Here are the characteristics of a typical oldest sibling and my analysis of how well they describe me:
- People pleasers – Definitely not. I do what I think is right without caring for what others might think of me for doing it.
- Natural leaders – I hope not. I don’t like the idea of leading others. Its too much work and not the kind I like. I am more of an idea person not a leader of others.
- High achievers – I try my best to be.
- Conformist – Again, absolutely not. I feel excessive conformity leads to standardisation and I value my uniqueness.
- May be bossy or a know-it-all – Yes. I am very bossy and I can be know-it-all about things I’m confident I know about.
- Are often very organized and prompt – Definitely. I try my best to be organised.
- They may behave in a very authoritarian manner, especially towards younger siblings – I do but my brother is not the kind to be bossed around.
- May seek attention, in both positive and negative ways – Rarely. I sometimes shy away from attention. I definitely never seek negative attention
- Often controlling – I can be controlling. Very much so in fact.
- May become compliant and nurturing – It hasn’t happened yet.
That ends my Who Are You Challenge. Please let me know what you think in the comments below and if you decide to do this challenge, please put a link in the comments below as I would love to read it and leave a comment.